Antenna Install for Porcoolpines
When working with computers, ensure that you are properly grounded to prevent ESD damage.
Grounding straps or an ESD overcoat will be sufficient.
- Fine point tweezers or small needle nose pliers
- A flat object (plastic is preferred so nothing is scratched)
- Flip the unit over so that the fins are against the table
- Remove the 4 black screws off the base plate
- Locate the 4 black screws on the back panel
- The back panel is the panel without the power button
- Remove the backplate and the base plate
- Locate the small holes on the back plate. There should be one on each side of the back plate approximately 3.5mm
- Insert each coax cable into one of the holes. They are fitted to go in so that the flat part fits the hole on the back plate only one way.
- Make sure that the correct cable is in the right position on the back plate
- The 6 inch cable is to be fitted in the hole furthest from the radio
- The 4 inch cable is to be fitted closest to the position of the radio
- Ensure that your washer is layered over the lock washer during installation.
- Tighten the washers on the outside of the plate until they are relatively snug, then give it a quarter turn.
- Locate the Radio
- The radio is located under the M.2 drive if installed
- Carefully remove the radio or grab the desired radio model
- Locate the small holes on the radio
- They should be approximately 1mm in diameter
- The two will be side by side
- Grabe the ends of the coax cables that are not attached to the plate
- With the outside of the backplate facing you and the holes on the radio facing you, carefully attach the coax cable ends to the holes on the radio
- The 4 inch cable should be on the left side of the back plate.
- The 6 inch cable should be on the right of the back plate.
- Be sure to make sure that the circle on the coax cable end is centered with the hole on the radio.
- You should hear a faint click that lets you know that the cable is secured
- Rotate the cable on the left so that the slack is properly allocated within the space of the chassis, going outward from the motherboard.
- With the cable to the right, carefully insert the radio so that the cable wraps around the post and is going under the corner of the radio.
- Screw the post in ensuring that the cable is not being pinched
- Gently apply the back plate to the rear of the chassis and screw the plat back on.